Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Reprise Records are looking for enthusiastic fans to organize and host a listening party for the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' upcoming album Mojo.
What is a listening party?
It's an event held at a venue of your choice (local bar, record store, coffee house, your living room, etc) where the new album is played several times over the house stereo system. Ten fans will be picked from different cities to host their own listening party! The party should preferably be held in a public place so that fans and their friends and anyone else who wanders into the venue gets a chance to hear Mojo in its entirety prior to its official release on June 15th! These grassroots events help spread the word about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' and the new album while also providing a great time for fans, old and new.
If you are chosen to hold the listening party in your city, Reprise Records will send you a "listening party kit" which will include a CD and posters to help you promote your event. In addition, you will later receive a free copy of Mojo on vinyl and Blu-ray AND free tickets to a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers show of your choice (some restrictions may apply depending on the show). All listening parties must take place between June 10th and the 15th.
Please read the rules and guidelines on how to submit your proposal for the opportunity to hold your Mojo listening party.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Ten fans will be picked (possibly more depending on how many proposals are submitted) from different cities across the country. The party can be held either at a venue of your choice (preferably a public place such as your local bar, coffee shop, or record store, but your own living room is acceptable as well). The duration of the event should be roughly 2-3 hours.
2. You must submit your proposal on why you think you should be the one chosen to host the listening party via email. The deadline for submissions must be emailed to MojoListeningParty@TomPetty.com by June 2. Each listening party proposal will include details about your party such as the date you plan to hold the event, the venue where it will take place, what other festivities you have in mind, how you plan to promote the event, and how many attendees you think you will have (20-30 attendees minimum are required). Winners will be notified by June 6th.
3. Participant must agree to play the record at least as long as the event is taking place. You may integrate some other favorite Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers material, but the focus will be to get yourself, and your friends stoked on the new songs on Mojo. If the event is taking place in a public place such as a bar or coffee shop, the owner, bartender or clientele must agree to play Mojo and other Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers material for the duration of the event. Most bartenders or clientele should be excited to accommodate you as you will be bringing in business for them, especially if the party is being held at an otherwise generally slow time for them.
4. The Listening Party Kits will be shipped to all winners to arrive by June 8th. The package will include:
a) Mojo CD
b) 11 X17 full color posters
c) Reprise Records will email you fonts and images from album art to create emails, banners, and widgets to help promote your event on your local blog, Myspace, or Facebook.
5. Mojo must be played on the venue house stereo system and not a little ipod speaker or boombox in the corner of the room. It is important that no other music is played in other parts of the venue.
6. All listening parties need to be documented to prove the event occurred in order to receive tickets. Digital photos of the listening party are required and video clips if possible. We will upload the photo/video from the listening parties to TomPetty.com and the band's Myspace and Facebook Pages.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers appreciate your support in helping get the word out about Mojo!